If you're staying at the Chateau you're probably seeking some rest, relaxation and a bit of pampering rather than using a lot of energy but we still have a few ideas of how to while away the days. Our location really is perfect. We've got the countryside, a 2 minute stroll to the beach & sea at Rozel and still only 4 miles from St Helier.
- The hotel has both a ladies and gents mountain bike for guests use free of charge for the day. Book them early as possible via reception.
- Help yourself to a pair of wellies at the hotel entrance if you fancy a stroll in the countryside on a wet afternoon.
- Free wifi is available throughout the hotel and terrace & there is a large touchscreen pc with the latest software in the lounge.
- A vast DVD libaray is kept in the lounge in case of those wet afternoons or romantic evenings in. Choose from hundreds of titles ranging from old classics to modern movies.
- A wide range of board games is available in the lounge including trivial pursuit, scrabble, chess etc.
- A large selection of books is available to swap and keep.
- Order one of our picnic baskets and blankets and head off for a stroll.
- The hotel is surrounded by 7 acres of woodland which you can walk around. The area offers some great views over Rozel Bay and the coast of France 14 miles away. Please note that being built within a valley there are some fairly steep slopes either side.
- The hotel is just two minutes walk from the seafont at Rozel Bay and its small fishing village. Head down to the 'Hungry Man' on the pier for a cup of tea or an ice cream.
- If you really can't find enough to do in Rozel there is a bus stop right outside the hotel at Apple Cottage from where you can take the number 3 into St Helier for a bit of shopping or head anywhere else around the island.
If all else fails head to the pub for a pint of real ale or a glass of wine and while away the afternoons in the garden! The Rozel is just a short stroll from the hotel.